How Do You Make 4 Gallons From a 3 and 5 Gallon Riddle is a very popular question on the internet. Here is the complete step by step answer to this Riddle. It’s one of the difficult questions to answer but I have given the simple steps which will help you to understand it easily.
Riddle: You have a 5 gallon bucket, a 3 gallon bucket, and a hose to fill them up. You need to get 4 gallons. You have no means of measuring how many gallons are in each bucket (except knowing the bucket capacity). How can you be certain that you have 4 gallons?
5 Gallon 3 Gallon 4 Gallon Riddle Answer
Follow the given steps below to get the correct answer to “5 Gallon 3 Gallon 4 Gallon Riddle”.
5 gallon 3 gallon riddle can be solve by following steps:
- First fill up the 3 gallon bucket and pour it into the 5 gallon bucket and you will have exact 3 gallons in 5 gallon bucket.
- Second step is to fill the 3 gallon bucket once again and pour it into 5 gallon bucket until it gets full.
- Now you will have compete 5 gallon in bucket (3+2) and 1 gallon water left in 3 gallon bucket.
- Now empty the 5 gallon bucket and pour remaining 1 gallon from the 3 gallon bucket into 5 gallon bucket. You have 1 gallon in the 5 gallon bucket.
- Fill up the 3 gallon bucket and pour it into the 5 gallon bucket.
- At the end you have 4 gallons in the 5 gallon bucket.